The biggest mistake most people make in life is not setting goals high enough.
· Operating at activity levels far beyond the normal is 10X action and execution. It will take you far.
· Set targets that are 10X the goals you would ever dream of.
· Your thoughts and actions are the reason you are where you are right now.
· In order to go farther than you ever thought possible you must both think and act at levels 10X beyond the norm.
· Common mistake 1: setting your sights too low.
· Common mistake 2: underestimating how much action is required.
· Common mistake 3: spending too much time competing and not enough time dominating their sector.
· Common mistake 4: underestimating the amount of adversity they will have to overcome.
· Any goal you set is going to be difficult to achieve, so why not set them higher from the beginning?
· Most people feel like they are working – rather than chasing passion – because the payoff isn’t large enough.
· You will either work to accomplish your goals and dreams or you’ll be used to accomplish someone else’s goals and dreams.
· Never reduce a target. Do not explain away failure. Always increase your actions.
· Nobody wins when you diminish the importance of success.
· People will say, “success isn’t everything.” No shit. Of course success isn’t everything. But it is important. And diminishing that importance with saying like “success isn’t everything” gives you an excuse to limit your vision of success for yourself and the actions you take.
· It is your duty to be successful. Do not view success as an option.
· Being dependent on only one person or one solution for success is your fault. Winners bring in success from many different avenues.
· Success by others is an indication that something is possible. It should inspire you.
· If you’re willing to take credit when you win then you have to be willing to take responsibility when you lose.
· Even when bad luck or random events strike there is always something you can do to be better prepared next time.
· If people comment on your level of action, then you’re doing something right.
· The biggest business problem is obscurity.
· Rid yourself of average thinking and average action.
· Failing to think big in the beginning will lead to failing to act big.
· Set your goals 10X bigger than you think they should be.
· Top achievers don’t copy or compete. They dominate. They set the pace.
· How can you get an unfair advantage?
· You don’t have to be the first to do something, but you should be the best at it.
· Create “only” practices. What is something only you are doing?
· You have to be obsessed. Nobody has ever accomplished something incredible without obsession.
· The ability to be obsessed is not a disease. It is a gift.
· What goal would cause you to be obsessed?
· The saying “under commit and over deliver” is stupid. Instead, over commit and figure out how to show up at a higher level.
· Don’t follow the pack. Lead the pack.
· Most people never get close to being overexposed. Nearly everyone is hindered by obscurity.
· Don’t worry about time management or balance. Instead, focus on abundance. Don’t think either/or. Instead, think all/everything.
· Time management is more about knowing your priorities clearly than finding balance.
· Nobody will save you or make you successful.
· Weak and overwhelmed individuals resort to criticism.
· Customer satisfaction is not nearly as big of a problem as “non-customer satisfaction.” People not knowing you exist and not buying your product is the real issue.
· Create an exit survey for non-buyers. (Anyone who leaves the store?)
· Customer complaints are not to be avoided. They are problems you can solve.
· Powerful companies and brands are omnipresent. You need to be everywhere.
· The best revenge against your critics is massive success.
· Duplicate the thoughts and actions of successful people and you too will become successful.
· Approach everything with the attitude that it can be done. Believe that you will figure it out.
· Challenge traditions and established ways of thinking.
· Don’t worry about how much work it is. Think about how great the results will be.
· Commit first. Figure out the details later.
· Reach up in your relationships. Find people better than you.
· Taking massive actions is the only way to fulfill your true potential.
Sign up for blog updates!
Join my email list to receive updates and information.SIGN UP